All of our libraries have computers the public can use for online activities such as job researching, job searching, job application, and putting together resumes and cover letters. In addition, our collections include materials such as books, talking books, and DVDs available for checkout that provide assistance for those who may be seeking employment. The following is a list of online resources you may find helpful. *See disclaimer at the bottom of this page.
Workforce Development Books at BCLS
Our new Workforce Development Book Collection provided by the Library of Michigan can help you develop essential skills needed in today’s employment environment.
Topics include: Career Change; Entrepreneurship; Job Hunting; Job Skills; Leadership; Legal Issues; Workforce Education; Workplace Environment.
See all titles with links to place holds here.
Job Search and Career Fair Sites
- AtoZdatabases (provided by MeL)
- Pure Michigan Talent Connect (features Career Matchmaker, Job Search, Career Investment Calculator and more)
- Michigan Works
- Michigan eLibrary (MeL) Job Databases Page
- MLive.com Jobs (search local and state-wide job listings from area newspapers)
- Michigan Jobs on Monster.com
- Michigan Jobs on Careerbuilder.com
- LinkUp (on Department of Labor’s ‘Top 10’ List for Job Boards)
- CareerOneStop (sponsored by the U. S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration)
- GlassDoor (research companies and salaries, and see interview questions as reported by real interviewees)
- Career Bliss (job boards, salary information, and company reviews)
Resumes & Cover Letters
- “Secrets to Improve Job Prospects” (from the Employment Law Handbook online)
BCLS neither endorses nor monitors the practices of any of the websites listed on this page. Some links may offer services that were free at the time they were included, but have since become paid service/subscription websites, ask for personal information, or include 3rd party links that have hidden charges. BCLS does not intentionally list sites that require payment for service or ask for personal information. Please email email@example.com if any of the links above ask for either personal or payment information.