Whether you are homeschooling or learning remotely, Bay County Library System has plenty of resources to support your student and family! Our Children’s Department staff has compiled some of our favorite resources to supplement your child’s learning needs.
Special Collections (Available for browsing in our branches)
- Wonderbooks: print books with an embedded audio book player
- Launchpads: circulating tablets with educational games, including the brand-new Reading Academy collection (no wi-fi needed!)
- Parent-Teacher Collections: each of our branches has a collection of books on parenting and education and we are focused on updating and expanding these collections this school year.
- STEAM Kits: These materials are carefully chosen to align with the Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math concepts taught in schools.
Virtual Resources Available from Home
- Read Woke Challenge (All Ages): diverse reading recommendations on our Beanstack site
- Future Librarian Training (Grades K-6): learn about using our libraries on our Beanstack site
- Virtual Crafts for Children and Teens (see our Calendar of Events for more information) via Zoom
- Virtual Storytimes: on our Children's Department's YouTube channel
- Kids and Teen Book Picks: fill out our online form and we will email you book suggestions for your family
- Databases, especially NoveList, Primary Search, and EBSCO eBooks
- K3 Virtual Book Bags for Science and Social Studies